1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Adobe Flash Player 13 problems

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by Madahhlia, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Madahhlia

Madahhlia Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +3,089
    I have had problems or some months downloading and installing Adobe Flash Player 13 on my laptop. It's really annoying because I can't watch most video clips on You tube & FB etc. but most importantly I can't watch the i player recording of JWK's One Show which I was planning to do whilst I cook something.

I have downloaded it loads of times with various options including save first, then run, and it all looks like it's downloaded fine but never works. It never points out that iot's already on the machine. It's on my list of programs as installed today but did not ask me to replace or uninstall the previous one.

Any ideas as to the cause/solution?

2. Sigord

Sigord Gardener

Formerly Registraion Clerk
    Ratings:
    +86
    Yes Adobe Flash Player and its updates can often cause problems for some, and ZDNET have been known to issue warnings for awhile of possible malware in some updates. As with all software if it fails to work properly, uninstall it all making sure no relevant folders remain among Program Files. Then reboot your PC and reinstall the software again. However ALWAYS make sure you only download any Adobe software from the genuine Adobe site. If you download such from other sites they often include extras like toolbars and search engines you do not want, and can be difficult to remove afterwards. Another thing to take sue is not to remove any Adobe entries in your Start up, if you have software to tinker with the start up folder.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • NorthantsGeezer

NorthantsGeezer Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,621
      Hi, I had similar problems on my old pc. I think I just kept trying until it finally worked. It was a right pain. I hope you have sorted it now.

• Madahhlia

Madahhlia Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +3,089
      Still not done anything about it. I need to tidy up my laptop in general. I will have to do something soon as I'm desperate to watch Game of Thrones Series 1 and might need Adobe Flash Player for that!

• Ilkley Gardeners

Ilkley Gardeners Gardener

Self Employed fixing computers
      Ratings:
      +131
      If you can download the actual file of the video you are interested in, and that's a doddle with Firefox and youtube downloader. Then play the resulting file in VLC Media Player, which is an excellent piece of software in my opinion.