Advice desperately required ...

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Victoria, May 27, 2007.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +49,909
    I heard a noise about an hour ago in the vicinity of the outdoor living room and went to investigate but saw nothing immediately.

T'other half has just discovered all my seeds pots / trays upside on the floor, courtesy of Cal I believe because he was darting around at the time of the noise.

I have salvaged a few but there is just one heap of posting compost and needless to say the labels strewn everywere ... should I just scoop it into one tray and see what pot luck I get?

Thank you.

2. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    I think this could be a new ID section on here Lady.. [​IMG] ....Go for it I say!

3. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +49,909
    Thanks, Pal. In the meantime I have put the pile of wet compost into two trays.

You're right ... should anything germinate, at least I have the labels and everyone can play "match the leaf to the label".

4. Blackthorn

Blackthorn Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    What a shame, I hope that they recover for you. Going to be interesting finding out whats what though. [​IMG]

5. Hyla arborea

Hyla arborea Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Cats, eh? Who'd have 'em? We've got seven in the house at the moment, because it's raining again... So my precious few orchids on the only windowsill we've got are in serious danger. The first lot I had (including a lovely paphiopedilum) got torn to bits by Sahne, Obs & co. when they were kittens. Best of luck with the seeds from the trays. I hope none of them were catmint! That really would add insult to injury!!!

6. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +49,909
    Thanks Blackthorn and Hy.

Fortunately the catmint is in a pot outside! The upset ones are the exotics. As I'm not very good with seed so maybe this is my comeuppance and a signal to stop doing things from seed!

7. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    At least you have Cal to blame - I managed much the smae without feline help....

I'd go for it too, LoL - enjoy the surprise andd delight in anything coming up - adding a whole new spice to growing from seed! :D