1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice for the newbie

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Liam B, May 28, 2020.

1. Liam B

Liam B Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey everyone,I hope you are all well.

I am beginning my wooden sleeper 3ft high water feature tomorrow, this will be lined and filled to the top with a clear perspex shelf holding a vase to appear like its sat on the top of the water, my plan is to have the water running up the base and tricking out the top so it runs down the sides back into the water to create a gentle trickling sound to add a bit of tranquility into my garden.

My question is, I want to use a solar panelled water pump but want one that can be submerged as I do not want a fountain or a spray of water, I wish it to be within the base creating pressure to push it out of the top .

Can anyone please send me a link or any advise on the correct solar panelled pump to purchase to achieve my desired outcome.

Thanks and stay safe,

Liam

• Like Like x 1
    • Cuttings

Cuttings Super Gardener

Horticulturalist
      Ratings:
      +1,200
      • Like Like x 1
      • Liam B

Liam B Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
        +1
        Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

Unfortunately it seems all the solar powered water feature pumps on the article are to have a spray coming out of the top which is the dead end I seem to keep coming across. I need one that I can fully submerge to just create pressure to push the water out of the top of the vase. :love30:

• Aldo

Aldo Super Gardener

Ratings:
        +1,318
        It might be that the top of some is removable, therefore allowing the water to come out and a pipe to be inserted.
        A more brutal solution would be to saw the top off.

Perhaps if you see a model which would otherwise do, you could ask on amazon if the top can be removed. some previous buyers might know.

• Like Like x 1
        • ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +4,203
          Hi,

You need to find the User Manual for a solar pump that meets your flow rate and head.

As you can see below, most fountain pumps are made up of several push, screw or click together parts so it should be easy enough to leave off the spray head or attach some flexible hose to go up your vase.

A long established supplier -
          Search results for: 'solar pump'

example User Manual info -
          000270.jpg

• Like Like x 1
          • Informative Informative x 1