Advice needed on irrigation

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by George T, Apr 25, 2020.

1. George T

George T Apprentice Gardener

DENTIST
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello All
    I am new member and reletively new in gardening.I am not sure where exactly to ost this but here you have it
    Me and my wife decided this year to do some changes in our garden.Among others we would like to install a watering system.I have been doing some research, reading and watching some videos as well.It appears that both the 1/4'' and 1/2'' drip line systems are in use equally,probably thw 1/4'' systems more popular across the pons as it seems
    I am attaching a plan of our garden and a provisional irrigation configuration.The shaded areas are where we need to water. I would appreciate some input from the more experienced members:

1) Is going for the 1/2'' drip line a good general choice for this garden?

2) We have 5 trees on the left side and 2 on the right just below the Veg patch . The Trees are planted with 180cm approx intervals between them -what sysytem configuration to use for optimal watering without watering unwanted regions along the whole length ? Taking under consideration that the trees will need probably a bit more water that the shrubs ,the flowers and the veggies

3) My water tab is filling a 10L canister in 53 secs .Would we have efficient water supply all around?

Thank you so much for your advice

George & Lilia
    Garden Plan.jpg in advance

2. Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Living in hope of world wide peace.
    Ratings:
    +54,365
    Hi again, can't help but will bump your post up .:):dbgrtmb: