1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Alabama foot rot

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by Paladin, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Hi folks...I rejoined the forum recently and in the past I am sure I posted pic’s of my sons labrador named Max.
    Last week he lost interest in his food and developed leasions on his foot which was only brought to our attention because he continually licked it.
    Mrs Pal is a childminder and one parent is a vet who took immediate action and took initial bloods then sent Max to a unit in Winchester. It has been confirmed Max has contracted Alabama foot rot.
    It has been brought to our attention that this case is the most earliest diagnoses ever to be examined, others were done at post mortum when the classic cause of death was kidney failure . Therefore a definitive diagnosis was in doubt.
    Should Max recover it will give a massive boost to research due to the early diagnosis.
    Should your dog show similar signs do not hesitate to contact your vet.
    Fingers crossed for Max and please advise your friends with pet dogs.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
      +0