1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Aldi - lots of Gardening equipment on special this week

Discussion in 'Freebies, Offers & Bargains' started by westwales, Apr 9, 2015.

1. westwales

westwales Gardener

10 miles from the coast in the rainy west
    Ratings:
    +598
    Popped in last night, 3 bell cloches (not very thick but a good size) £6.99. Almost every type of garden tool. Dustbin type incinerator (mine is in its third year now). Can't remember the prices of everything but staff were standing by with lots of new stuff under wraps ready for this morning. I know not all plants do well but I've always been lucky with any I've bought.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +46,051
      Good tip off, especially as I broke my spade last night digging at the allotment - need a new one, wonder what quality they will be?

• westwales

westwales Gardener

10 miles from the coast in the rainy west
      Ratings:
      +598
      Bought a spade last year and it's been fine BUT I don't have an allotment and have a fairly well established garden (mostly flowers, lawn and shrubs) so it doesn't get heavy use. I have heard that they're very good at dealing with complains so I think if the price is right I'd take the risk. I've bought an incinerator, loppers (two sizes), wood shredder, small tools, fleece etc and never needed to take anything back myself. Have also bought plants and they've done well but I think we're lucky that our branch has a few keen gardeners on the staff so they look after the plants well.

• Like Like x 3
      • silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
        +8,083
        Bought a pair of silver (not the others Aldi sold, black from memory, ones!) secatures last season and while not Felco they aren't Felco price either. Think they were about a fiver from memory, they are fine and not a disaster financially WHEN I loose them:). Also bought a pair of loppers at the same time (green and black). Fantastic, best pair I've ever had and can really cope with big branches without buckling. They have been used extensively in cutting back an enormous 50 odd ft Beech hedge and for reducing 4 large Holly trees, definitely recommend both if they have them still.

• Like Like x 2
        • LyndaG

LyndaG Super Gardener

Ratings:
          +1,390
          Think it's well documented now how I feel about Aldi :roflol: Haven't really had any complaints about plants or equipment I bought there x

• Like Like x 2
          • HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
            Ratings:
            +16,246
            I broke my spade earlier this year as well . I bought a stainless steel one from B and Q . I do find stainless steel seems to be easier to dig with v the steel ones.
            Silu - I never buy expensive secateurs for the same reason - to easy to lose ! Just bought a nice pair of Draper ones for £8 .

• Like Like x 1
            • Informative Informative x 1