1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Amaryllis belladonna not flowering

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by NigelJ, Nov 13, 2018.

1. NigelJ

NigelJ Total Gardener

Mad Scientist
    Ratings:
    +21,320
    I have two clumps of these one at the front of the house against the wall that gets morning sun and doesn't flower every year; the other is in a raised bed that gets plenty of sun and flowers most years. This year neither have flowered although both have begun to produce leaves. Has anybody else had problems with Amaryllis belladonna flowering this year?

2. Mike Allen

Mike Allen Total Gardener

Retired. Plant Pathologist.
    Ratings:
    +6,097
    Hi Nigel. So sorry my friend...don't know. I put your question on the net. Some interesting facts arose. Best wishes. Mike.

3. longk

longk Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +23,089
    Not just this year, every year! My best guess is that your problems are related to the rather drier than normal summer, although some believe that it is exactly that which gets them to bloom.

4. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,846
    Mine bloom every year in a shaded (by Jacaranda and Melaleuca) dry rockery in clay earth. Have had them for 14 or more years.

Belladona Lily.JPG

• Like Like x 1