1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Any ideas for this broken pond?

Discussion in 'Water Gardening' started by Apple Blossom, May 29, 2015.

1. Apple Blossom

Apple Blossom Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +3,028
    image.jpg Evening all, this is going to be one of my projects this year... At the moment it's full of tadpoles, who seem to be taking their time to grow up :what:, ....once they are gone, I'll be looking at what to do. It currently leaks so the water level is up and down like a yoyo! It's about 3 x 2m, Any ideas would be welcomingly received :)

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  2. Apple Blossom

Ratings:
    +3,028
    Hi @Ian Taylor sorry I had Internet problems so this thread was posted twice! Yes I thought that, do you know if a solar power unit work on a pump rather than trying to get electricity to it as there is s good distance between the pond and house?

3. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,845
    Good morning @Apple Blossom I had the same problem a few years ago,so I covered the existing pond with sand (to protect the liner)and added a pond liner,it worked for me,hope this helps:smile:

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Ian Taylor

Ian Taylor Total Gardener

Maintenance Manager, Oddfellows on the Park.
      Ratings:
      +2,751
      Hi @Apple Blossom yes you can get solar powered pond pumps don't know what there like

• Apple Blossom

Ratings:
      +3,028
      Thank you @wiseowl, I wouldn't have considered the sand and would have just put the liner down so a very good point :dbgrtmb: (ps any advice on my weeds thread? :))

Morning @Ian Taylor, yes I've been researching them on the Internet and looking for advice solar v electric that way I can plan early on what I need to purchase :blue thumb:

• Friendly Friendly x 1