1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Virgin Media customers/broadband users?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Sussexgardener, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    If anyone here is (Blueyonder, Virgin.net as well) check your email via webmail. Virgin have been having "issues" over the last few days and I have found I have not received emails I have been waiting on (including the offer from the job I just got:mad:). However I went onto webmail to check my emails that way and discovered 50+ emails sitting there, which had not been delivered to my Outlook folder. Most of these were sitting in my Spam folder in webmail - no reason for them to be as they normally are delivered straight to my Inbox.

According to Virgin, they are sorting out the glitch, but I'm continually checking and keep finding them in webmail.

Also, if they are in Spam, click them as not spam and they will then be delivered to your Inbox.

All very odd, but thought other users might like to be aware of this.

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,694
    I'm on Virgin.
    cant say as I've ever bothered looking at their web mail, its too complicated for me.
    Like most of the virgin set up its all a bit cheap looking, their web site for billing looks like something dreamed up by a 6 year old.
    (Apologies to any 6 year olds that might be looking in)

Must say their broadband does seem pretty reliable though, but bearing in mind all the roads and pavements they dug up in order to provide it, it should be.

Might have a fiddle around and work out how to access their web mail now, see ya in a couple of days.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +85,694
      Right, I had a look and the "Rubbish" bin was empty as was the rest of the place.

"Trash"?, why say "Trash" when you mean "Rubbish"?

• Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
      +17
      me goes off to look .........

• Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
      +17
      nope - nothing held in there of any interest, unless i want some pills or to gain a few inches :wink:

Ok that just means the people im waiting on emails from just havent replied :(

• clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
      +19,595
      I used to be on Blueyonder, but I binned them shortly after they were taken over by Virgin Media because they raised the prices, reduced the service. When I sacked them they sent me a bill for about £200 for ending the contract before the year was up (even though I'd been on the same contract for about 5 years at this point). I told them if they were so sure I owed them this money then they'd have no problem winning a court case to make me pay it. A month later I got a letter from a debt collection agency saying I owed Virgin about £250. I phoned them and told them to take me to court over it if they were so sure they were correct. Oddly enough no court summons came, nor did any further letters.

I don't like Virgin Media:(

• Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
      +41
      Perhaps it only applies if you use Outlook or Outlook Express. I found another email that arrived last night from Victoria, which she sent me at the weekend!

• Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
      +17
      I use outlook and so does other half to pick up our virgin emails. Both are working fine, as nothing is in junk/spam etc. We do opt to receive all emails though as have had problems with their own filtering service blocking important emails previously.

All of our emails are still the old ntlworld.com ones though - so maybe thats the difference ?

Although saying that, ive only just had a reply from the vets who I emailed over a week ago. Their response seems to have been dated yesterday so its either took that long to reach me, or they are just slow.

• plant1star

plant1star Gardener

Ratings:
      +1
      We used to have broadband provided to us by Virgin Media, with the e-mails going to outlook express. A few months ago Virgin decided to do an upgrade of the line/system, which meant that our modem would no-longer support the service. After several hours on the phone asking their support people what should we do, they were of the impression that because we didn't use a recommended modem that it was down to us to replace it.

When I managed the next day to get through to sales, who I needed to speak to about a new modem, and they could offer me one. Unfortunately for Virgin, we had had enough, and we asked for a code for leaving them. We still have the e-mail address, and give it a look once a week for anything that could be important, but we changed all our accounts to the new broadband providers e-mail address.
      I have an orange e-mail address, and that is poor at times, and has a limited space for mail, which when people send you pictures it soon fills up your MB's, and you have to download or delete.

I hope that you get your problems with Virgin sorted soon

• borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
      +48
      Hi SG, I'm with them but use yahoo for e-mail (plus an old BT address which is yahoo anyway!) and haven't had any problems as far as I know, so maybe it is only if you use their own e-mail service.

Good info though. Thanks, something to keep an eye on.

cheers

• CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
      Ratings:
      +30,610
      Hmmm, food for thought.My email, the onky one, came through my Outlook.... so maybe it's Microsoft!