1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Apologies...Attention Mums

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Kandy, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good afternoon everyone,sorry I haven't been around for the last few weeks but I have been away on a lovely holiday with Mr Kandy to celebrate my milestone birthday to my favourite Isle so am trying to catch up with everything at home and on here:smile:

Anyway,I just wanted to apologise for my comments on the Attention Mums thread which has been closed and hope that I haven't offended to many people as that wasn't my intention as anyone who knows me in real life will all agree that I am the last person to offend anyone on purpose but sometimes,being only human I can say things that might seem ok to me at the time but could be taken the wrong way by someone else and as the post has been deleted(not by me) I am not sure what I wrote that has obviously offended people but it was never my intention when I went off on my tangent.

I would be happy if you can forgive me and in furture I will stick to subjects I know a little about...:smile:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +31,885
      I don't believe you said anything which requires you to apologise @Kandy nor beg forgiveness either! :cmonhug:

I can only speak for myself as one responder to your comments, but, I did see a flaw or two in a couple of assumptions in your post, but they didn't offend me; they just prompted me to reply with my own point of view :heehee:

I think we have all been guilty of that human condition at some time or other!!

Welcome back and I hope that milestone birthday trip was as full and wonderful as you could have hoped for :thumbsup: (of course, you do know the unwritten rules on here by now: if there are no pics posted, it never happened :whistle: ) :heehee:

• Like Like x 3
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +2,881
        Kandy as "M" says. You have nothing to apologise for.

• Like Like x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
          Ratings:
          +85,653
          @Kandy, I must have missed it, but then I usually do miss the good bits :snork:

• Funny Funny x 3
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
            +8,083
            Glad you had a great holiday Kandy. My thread was taken off (probably wisely:)) by admin. Honestly, I never for 1 minute thought my thread would provoke anybody, I was just trying to be informative to others, how wrong was I.
            Anyway all done and dusted as far as I'm concerned and absolutely no hard feelings:).

• Friendly Friendly x 2
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
              Ratings:
              +118,347
              For a small fee I can let you know. ;) :heehee:

I can vouch for that :dbgrtmb: :)

• Agree Agree x 2
              • Like Like x 1
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
                +46,057
                Welcome back @Kandy

We have been on our hols too on the opposite side of the Solent to you, we stayed in an apartment in Southsea and spent two weeks watching the big ships sailing by. We were on the verge of popping over on the hovercraft one day to visit Ryde, one of our favourite little towns but got distracted by the amusements and beach cafes this side.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                • Like Like x 1
                • Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
                  Ratings:
                  +6,543
                  image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Thanks everyone for your comments and I will try not to put my views across too strongly next time :) and @shiney the cheque is in the post:snorky:

@JWK your holiday sounds like it was a good time like ours was and you probably had the same hot weather as we had:smile: We went down to Cowes on the 8th of August to see the boat racing and lots of them were sailing right over to where you were staying so I bet your viewing was fantastic :yes: we went to Ryde by the electric railway and didn't have time to walk round there this year as we were busy out walking every day.We were staying at Newchurch:smile:

• Like Like x 1
                  • Funny Funny x 1