Apple tree from Pound Stretcher

Discussion in 'Trees' started by oakdaledave, Apr 27, 2011.

1. oakdaledave

oakdaledave Gardener

Ratings:
    +7
    Hi guys,

Just bought an eating apple tree from my local Pound Stretcher in Poole. It's called 'Discovery' and was £5.99. The very most top growth was a bit mouldy and I have cut this off, but the rest of the tree looks very healthy. I have it soaking in a bucket of water, ready to plant tomorrow. Does anyone else have any experience of this tree from Pound Stretcher?

I bought a cherry tree from them last year for a similar price and that seems to be doing really well. If it gives me a pound of cherries it has paid for itself. Happy days eh!

2. Sian in Belgium

Sian in Belgium Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +9,232
    Discovery is a lovely early cropping eating apple - I hope that it grows well for you!

You don't happed to live in Oakdale, do you, Oakdaledave? (Oakdale, South Wales, that is!)

• Like Like x 1
    • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Not tried poundstretcher but did buy a £1.99 blackcurrant from Woolworths years back, it did very well & I propagated about 6 other bushes from it.

I had a load of apple trees that I rescued from a bonfire (about 40 of them) Most suffered being left in meagre buckets of water on the allotment for about a year as we were between hovels.

Most survived & went on to crop really well. Lost them all when I moved out of the hovel though.:gaagh:

Having now upgraded to "Hermitage" i'm thinking about some more fruit bushes.:stirpot:

• Like Like x 1
      • oakdaledave

oakdaledave Gardener

Ratings:
        +7
        Hiya, no, I live in Oakdale in Poole, Dorset.