April / May Lawncare

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by Boskis, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Boskis

Boskis Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings All,

So need some lawn-care advice please.

Lawn was in bad shape so last Autumn I weeded, scarified, overseeded and then put down some winter feed. Things are looking a lot better now but having been away for the last x2 months I'm trying to work out what the priority jobs are and in what order....

There are a few patches of white clover which need to be dealt with and I also need to seed again at some point, scarify again and also put down some fertiliser.

Apologies for newbie quetions, but I'd appreciate some help in prioritising the tasks and some guidance on how long to leave in between them.

many thanks and happy Easter

C.

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,124
    [​IMG] @Boskis Hmm I would if weed it again.. If it was Me I would give it a cut with the blades set high then do another application of weed and feed. I think there is a spring one that might be more appropriate now.. If you are not due rain I would water it in, but it will take a lot of water as the ground is dry and it will all run off to start with. A sprinkler might be more effective..

• Agree Agree x 1