1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Are antibiotics meant to knock you out?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by clueless1, Apr 26, 2014.

1. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    Following 4 months solid of chest lurgy, for which I've had innumerable tests that thankfully show no cause for alarm, the doctor has put me on a course of super strong antibiotics, in an attempt to 'knock seven bells out of whatever ails me once and for all'.

I think its working, as I seem to be generally better than I was, until yesterday after lunch, when I suddenly felt quite nauseous. It was nothing unusual for lunch. Just my standard friday treat of a chip butty from the same chippy that I and all the lads at work have been using for ages.

Anyway, now I feel completely drained. I was in bed for 11PM last night, that's having slept for 2 hours on the sofa first, and didn't drag myself out of my pit until after 11AM this morning.

I know its not unusual for antibiotics to wipe you out a little bit, but can they properly knacker you in?

I'm on max strength (500mg x 3 per day) amoxycillin.

2. Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
    +12,322
    well you are already under the weather with your chest, and yes they do the same to me as well , I am always glad to get them over with , two days after I finish the course I always eat a "live yogurt" from the heath food shop and that helps to kick start the good bacteria in your system as its 99% all been killed off with the antibiotics.

Chest infections have hung on where I work for months with certain individuals and that has increased with the length of time if you smoke !!!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
      +19,596
      I've quit the smoking again. Had my last one on Tuesday evening, so still early days yet but I've found my mojo again, so have determination this time whereas my previous couple of attempts were only half baked.

• Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
      +12,322
      yes just keep at it , I know its not easy , but giving up your chest will start to clear more so you may feel worse before it gets better , but has been some very nasty chest infections and cold late 2013 going into 2014 and it all because its been so mild as a really hard cold spell kills a lot of the viruses off.

Spruce

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        Yes they can knock you out Clueless and can affect you in several other ways,nausea being one and 'going through you' is another....if the latter two occur another visit to the docs might help as they may not agree with you...these bugs are certainly hanging on,there are so many people suffering with them at the moment and they take some shaking off...I've managed to stay clear for the last few weeks after having an endless cold/flu since Christmas it really takes it out of you...Take it easy and get some Vitamins down you,hope the Anti B's do the trick:thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • MrsK

MrsK Gardener

Ratings:
          +123
          Stay the course, Cluey -- it is absolutely worth it. I couldn't've done it without the patch.:blue thumb:

• Like Like x 1