1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Ask Kindred Spirit.

Discussion in 'Gardeners Corner Question Time' started by kindredspirit, Jun 19, 2011.

1. kindredspirit

kindredspirit Gardening around a big Puddle. :)

Retired.
    Ratings:
    +4,586
    Slightly different format, if that's allowed. A questionaire I did a couple of months ago.

[​IMG]

This is me on top of Scafell Pike. (Last of the Five Peaks, that I climbed.)

Your favourite qualities in a garden.
    Individuality and strong design.

Your favourite garden.
    1) Dewstow. 2) Stourhead.

Your favourite colour.
    Purple (if I have one, I don't think I have. My most hated colour is yellow: it should be banned ! )

Your favourite tree.
    Definitely Beech.

Your favourite shrub.
    Favourite shrub? Maybe, Acacia Baileyana Purpurea. Favourite grass. Cortaderia Richardii. Favourite perennial. Blue Agave.
    Maybe my favourite shrub should be Aucuba Japonica as Acacia Baileyana Purpurea appears to have sucuumbed to December's -12° in my garden. (really, I don't have a "favourite" shrub.) I try and pick shrubs according as to how they will fit into a particular location; size, colour, shape etc. If going for a strict definition of a shrub, then Heather would come very high on the list; maybe it should be first!

Your favourite flower.
    Without a shadow of doubt: Bluebells.

If you could grow only one vegetable, which one would it be.
    Sweet Red Chillies.

If there was one plant that you never had to see again, which one would you consign to history?
    Dandelion.

The main fault you come across in gardening/garden design.
    Mediocrity.

Your least favourite part of gardening.
    MOWING GRASS.

If you were not involved in the gardening trade what would your ideal occupation be.
    Geologist.

Your top gardening tip.
    Think outside the box.

Your life motto.
    Go for it!

[​IMG]

This is my back garden viewed from the kitchen window.

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice one,

I've worked at Stourhead:thumbsup:

3. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    Kindredspirit, your garden reminds me of the Palace of Versailles on a bad day (meaning it is nearly that good). I can just say woooow, although I can imagine how much time must be needed to maintain it!

4. kindredspirit

kindredspirit Gardening around a big Puddle. :)

Retired.
    Ratings:
    +4,586
    Thanks for the compliment. Actually the back garden has extremely low maintenance; it's the front garden, which is taking up my time at the moment. There's no grass in it (the mowing type) and I'm gradually covering it with plants (perrenials) as I can afford it but the weeds see the front garden as Heaven Sent.