1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Australian seeds in general

Discussion in 'Swaps/Freebies' started by Royster, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Royster

Royster Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Folks!
    My ol' mate is heading off to Oz shortly and I wonder if there may be any requests for seeds from Ozzie land. If so I will be happy to send him off with requests and see what comes of it.
    Watched the Steve Irwin tribute tonight on ITV. Oh dear, such a shame but what a way to depart this world for the next. You really have to feel for his young family and wife though!
    G'day!
    Royster

2. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    I couldn't agree more, Royster.
    I was a big fan of this enthusiastic and energetic man,which nobody can replace.
    The way he was handling all those dangerous animals, it was just unique.
    Here are a few words about him, taken from "The New York Times" on September 4, 2006:

(...)
    STEVE IRWIN, the khaki-clad wildlife stalker who won global fame with his televised death-defying crocodile stunts and whose booming voice made "Crikey!" in a ripe Australian accent and international catchword, was killed by a stingray on Monday while filming a documentary at the Great Barrier Reef off Australia's northern coast. He was 44.(...)
    STEPHEN ROBERT IRWIN was born in 1962 in a suburb of Melbourne and spent his childhood in Queensland, where his parents, Bob and Lyn Irwin, operated a wildlife park; he grew up with wild animals, including crocodiles.(...)
    MR IRWIN was caricatured in "South Park" for his penchant for phrases like "Check out the size of this bloke!" and "Whew, he's getting cranky!" He also appeared in the 2001 film "Dr Dolittle 2" with Eddie Murphy. His fame engendered books, action figures and interactive games and, for a time, tube watching pub crawlers played a drinking game, hoisting a glass every time Mr Irwin said, "Crikey!" or, "Isn't she a beauty?" His parents' wildlife park, renamed AUSTRALIA ZOO and expanded and developed by Mr Irwin, became a popular tourist attraction.
    His survivors include his wife and son, and a daughter, Bindi Sue.

[​IMG]