1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Automatic watering systems ?

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by OxfordNick, May 21, 2014.

1. OxfordNick

OxfordNick Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,615
    Project for the bank holiday weekend is to fit an outside tap at the front of the house for easier watering ; can anyone recommend a simple / cheap automatic watering system that I can fit ? Im thinking drippers for the cannas, bananas & hanging baskets & maybe some soaker hose if I get around to planting things out - any recommendations or things to avoid ?

Dont want to spend too much cash as its out the front of the house & although I can hide stuff behind the prickily hedge that doesnt appear to stop things going walkies at closing time..

2. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,667
    Drippers is the way to go. You could lightly "bury" the pipework, I doubt anyone would be able to see it - except where it connects to the tap (and timer??) - perhaps box that in to hide it (the tap will need insulated boxing-in for the winter, presumably?)