1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Azalea

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by may, Mar 5, 2009.

1. may

may Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  2. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Wow!! thats lovely May.:gnthb: 02

3. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,863
    Hello May, nice to see you back with us (I was Lady of Leisure then).

I've been looking at the lovely blooms you've been putting up (stunning Clematis photos) but am particularly interested in your Azalea here and there is an incredible coincidence. I have just posted in Bonsai a picture of my Azalea blooming for the first time ... and it looks just like yours ....

Several years ago when mine was an outdoor plant before I Bonsaid it, I tried to have it identified by the Azalea Society and they were unable to but were quite fascinated by it.

By any chance, does yours have a name on it and, if so, what is it please?

4. may

may Gardener

Ratings:
    +0

Hi, yes i havent been around for a bit, but the signs of spring get me thinking about my garden and then i am always in the local garden centre buying plants i really should not buy , i just cannot help myself:hehe:

The Azalea really caught my eye because it was with a big display of other Azaleas, of red, and pink ones ,and the bi-coloured one really stood out, and it was just begging for me to take it home with me

i have had a look on the pot and the only thing it says on there is AZELEA MIX, so i do not know what the name of it is .

I was hoping to put it in the garden in the ground later on in the summer, after it has finished flowering , but i am not sure if it will be possible to do that with a houseplant Azalea , and i have looked at your Azalea and yours did not flower in the garden so maybe it will not be a good idea . it does look the same flower as mine but i am sorry i cannot help with the name .

not sure if i should promote the garden centre where i got it from , but it was
    ( WEBBS of whychbold )maybe they might know , i think they are online

5. may

may Gardener

Ratings:
    +0

just found this on the net, do you think it could be this one?
    http://www.adriaenssens.com/popup2.asp?id=52&p=Leopold-Astrid

its called Azalea Indica Leopold Astrid

or even this one

http://www.adriaenssens.com/popup2.asp?id=83&p=Panfilia

its called Azalea Indica Panfilia