1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

B&Q gardener of the year- hats off!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Selleri, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Selleri

Selleri Koala

Ratings:
    +7,635
    I'm lead to understand that even in Sunderland indoors plumbing and facilities are becoming more common nowadays :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Michael Hewett

Michael Hewett Total Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +18,031
      Well I like it. We're all different and have different tastes, that's what makes us human, we don't all have to like the same and think the same.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • NigelJ

NigelJ Total Gardener

Mad Scientist
        Ratings:
        +21,267
        I like it, skillful use of materials and imagination.
        I have greenhouse, pots with plants and bulbs in on all the hard standing. Result one recent visitor said "interesting plants, but more like a nursery than a garden".

• Like Like x 3
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
          +46,057
          Chelsea has a lot to answer for, we have seen show 'gardens' that looked like bomb sites, an upside down garden with plants all suspended on wires and unfathomable ones with a big crane (for a building site) think that last one was from Diarmond something or other who also talks gibberish when describing his efforts. I never got it, people just trying to be controversial to get publicity. We stopped going as the crowds became unbearable too, when they stopped limiting numbers.

• Like Like x 1
            Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
          • Nikolaos

Nikolaos Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +4,288
            @JWK I always think of Chelsea a bit like I think of a fashion show. The problem isn't the show, it's people copying it without using their imagination and putting their own twist on it, being a tad more subtle in their own style and understanding that the show and the high street are two very different contexts. :dunno: Designer Thom Browne's runway stuff obviously wouldn't translate well to the high street, you'd just look ridiculous, but it might well inspire someone to dress more boldly and originally in a far more subtle way. :) Same principle applies to Chelsea and our own gardens...

thom browne runway - Recherche Google

Nick

• Like Like x 1