1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

B & Q's 4 day weekend sale.

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Helofadigger, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Just thought I would let you good folk know (that's if you don't know already) that B&Q has a 4 day long weekend sale with quite a few bargains to be had.

I brought some cheap decking for under £2 for a 8ft length for a little pathway project it might not last years but it will do for now at that price!:wink:

Also as it's the weekend there will be HUMANS on the tills!:thumb: Hel.xxx.

2. Fidgetsmum

Fidgetsmum Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +865
    I went to B & Q for some 'phone extension cable and garden wire and saw the signs about their sale, so of course I had to check out the garden centre bit and lo ..... nothing, zero, zilch - unless you wanted something half dead but at only 10% off.

A human? In B & Q? I wish! When I couldn't find the 'phone extension cable (which it turned out they hadn't got) I asked and got offered co-axial cable instead, so I gave up, got the garden wire, joined the queue at the one till that was actually open and, having shuffled my way to the front, found the same specimen now on the till. 'It' recognised me from the phone cable request and then, taking my garden wire, said 'Oh, you found it. It looks just like garden wire doesn't it?' :flag::flag:

3. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    haha Fidgetsmum.......I can just imagine that!

Thanks Hel - saw this info on another thread where you'd mentioned the decking - will be heading to our local tomorrow to see what they have :)

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Fidgetsmum thankfully we don't need help when we go out and about in the DIY stores if we can't find it then normally they don't have any.

I just like humans on the tills so if there is a problem with the price or something like that I don't have to wait for a 'monkey' (one of those silly grinning idiots that stand near the auto tills) to come and treat me like a two year old showing me how to use the stupid tills when I just don't want to use the things....I hate them with a passion given me a normal human any day :gnthb:.Hel.xxx.

5. Fidgetsmum

Fidgetsmum Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +865
    To be honest, I seldom go into B & Q (or indeed Homebase, et.al.) since they never seem to have what I want, it's just that I'd managed to sever the 'phone cord by running the vacuum over it and B & Q happened to be the nearest place. The last time I went there they actually sold 'phones - it would appear they no longer do!

As for auto tills - I refuse to use 'em. I'm already paying a mark-up on my purchases, part of which is going towards staff salaries but then I'm expected to operate the ruddy checkouty thingy as well. That's not the definition of DIY I was expecting!

6. Katherna

Katherna Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Went there yesterday to see if they had any storage boxes / small sheds for the allotment. I'd seen one that was 1/2 price, checked stock levels and off we went ... local store - couldn't see any out, asked and the guy went and checked - 'no we haven't got any, we've not had any'. Hubby checks online and it's still showing that they've got stock, so he rings ... yep they've got one left ... so from no stock to suddenly having one, you'd have to have it delivered though ... why? ... it's broken! so we kindly declined the offer as I wasn't going to pay an extra £20 for a broken plastic shed to be delivered. Hubby rang the next store on his list, we waited until about 7:50 when they rang back - we've got them on order but they'll be full price when they get here. So no shed, and the next time I see an offer I'll ring them first to get them to check if it's actually in stock and it's not broken, lol.

7. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    :yho: :thmb: :autlv:

:yez: :yez: :yez: :yez:

Thanks for the heads up, hel!