1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Back - with plans!

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by fumanchu, Dec 27, 2018.

1. fumanchu

fumanchu Gardener

Retired thankugod
    Ratings:
    +427
    Hi gardeners, not been in here for ages. I'm happily better off this year than I have been before, so am looking to improve the back garden. I'm at 300m and the back is on the north side of the house. We're on the side of a hill so the garden slopes down from west to east. Quite open to wind. No shelter as yet. Where would you start? We're going to demolish the 2 ancient sheds and get one big new one.
    BACK1.jpg backgarden6.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
      +100,836
      Welcome back, fumanchu:love30:, it's good to hear you've got plans for the garden.:thumbsup::snorky:

• Like Like x 1
      • WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +5,089
        First thing i would suggest is a windbreak from north and easterly winds. Eg beech hedge

• Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
        +17,487
        Hiya fumanchu. :)
        Yep a windbreak is first requirement. Hawthorn perhaps? I would plant a couple of evergreen shrubs in front too