1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Bacopa seeds

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by justracing, Feb 12, 2012.

1. justracing

justracing Gardener

Jobbing builder/landscaper
    Ratings:
    +53
    I have grown the blue and white varieties of this for the past 3 years in hanging baskets and other containers and the performance is stunning, flowering for some 6 months. I thought I had read somewhere of a yellow variety but having trawled round a few seed sites I can't find them available anywhere. Does anyone know the existence of a yellow flowering Bacopa and if so it's availability?

• Like Like x 1
    • Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
      +12,320
    • HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +16,246
      Hello Justracing , I have also grown the Blue and White Bacopa from seed for 3 years . I think T and M were the first to introduce them , but other companies do sell them now. They are easy to grow from seed , even though it looks like you have bought some chalk dust ! I got 15 plants from each packet of "10 seeds " last year :dbgrtmb: Which is not bad.
      I have never seen the yellow variety sold as seeds .

• justracing

justracing Gardener

Jobbing builder/landscaper
      Ratings:
      +53
      Thanks Harry S, similar story here. Found some 'mixed' at Nicky's nursery and a few others but no yellow. I'm pretty sure a small private GC near me had some plug plants last year along with some pink?(could be mistaken). I will post if I find some.

• strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
      Ratings:
      +28,418
      Bacopa 'Golden Leaves' is the variety I have grown for the last 5 years but it is only available in plug form.

• SiXpence

SiXpence Gardener

Ratings:
      +47
      I had the white and blue too. I never knew they did anything but white so it was a nice find.

I hope I managed to salvage them they are under wraps in a pot with a palm.

:sunny::sunny:

• HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +16,246