1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Banksia

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Pro Gard, May 21, 2008.

1. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Out today at one of my clients, a superb vigourouse climber, IMO far nicer than say kifscate and thornless:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,863
    Hi Paul Lovely Rose Its a new one on Me ,I will have to look through my Books I love it when I see a Rose That I haven't seen before.Thank you

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Progard,we saw one of these roses growing on a cottage wall when we were out walking near to where we live.We asked the owner who was outside the name of it and she said Banksia Lutea.It was a picture and wished we had got Digi's then to have been able to get some photos.:rolleyes:

The other year we went to one of these open gardens near to where we lived and was thrilled that they had one on their plant stall for a couple of pounds.We quickly bought it and rushed home to plant it up on our sunny wall which they like.We were most dissapointed when it flowered because it wasn't Lutea after all but some tatty dog rose type rose.We pulled it up and took it over the allotment in dusgust where it is now happily growing.Since then we han't seen a Lutea anywhere local so are thinking of planting somthing else instead.:)

The top one is a cracking photo and Thankyou for sharing them with us:thumb:

4. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Kandy, Ill take a cutting for you and post it if it takes root.

5. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Both David Austin and Peter Beales list Banksia Lutea, not a cheapy though £15-£16.50 ish. Very early flowering, and only the one flush.