Basket help please

Discussion in 'Container Gardening' started by Jupes, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Jupes

Jupes Gardener

Ratings:
    +16
    Hi

I love my baskets through the summer months and have several. It is, however, costly and this year I’m looking for ways to save money but for them to still be as beautiful as normal. I’ve always just gone to the local garden centres and bought whatever I fancy. Sometimes I’ve bought the packs from Homebase, etc which does work out cheaper.

So, I don’t own a greenhouse but am wondering if I purchase ‘plugs’ in bulk, put them outside through the day, then in the garage at night will it work? Or, does anyone have any bettter ideas? I usually make the baskets up in the first week of two of May and overnight them in the garage if the forecast is cold.

Thanks for your help.

2. HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +16,246
    That should be OK Jupes . Keep them sheltered at night until May, when night temps start to rise. Freezing at night around here this week!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Jupes

Jupes Gardener

Ratings:
      +16
      Thanks Harry. I always appreciate others opinions. I shall look at Sutton’s etc.