1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Beans in pots.

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by rustyroots, Feb 22, 2021.

1. rustyroots

rustyroots Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,946
    Hi all,

I want to grow dwarf beans (runner and french) in pots this year as I am short on space. I have Jackpot runners and am yet to purchase French bean seeds. I grow climbing french beans, usually blue lake, but was thinking of maybe growing purple and/or yellow dwarf varieties. Has anyone grown them before and suggest any good varieties? Do the beans also keep there colour when cooked?

Rusty

2. JJ28

JJ28 Gardener

the best - retired
    Ratings:
    +774
    I got some Hestia beans last year, which did very well in pots. They are miniature....about 1 1/2 - 2 ft high and have lots of good sized pods. I saved seed and will grow again this year.

• Like Like x 1
    • rustyroots

rustyroots Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,946
      Thanks for the reply. Good to hear they did well. I ordered Purple Queen and Yellow Rocquencourt seeds last night. Both dwarf French bean.
      Rusty