Berlin - Germany

Discussion in 'Wish You Were Here' started by kyleleonard, Oct 24, 2013.

1. kyleleonard

kyleleonard Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +950
    BERLIN - GERMANY

[​IMG]

Myself, my girlfriend and her sister & boyfriend went to Berlin in June 2012. Quite different from Munich, with a lot higher buildings (in Munich you can't build higher than the main church/kirche in the city centre).

I can't remember the name of the hotel we stayed at, but it was situated a bit out of the centre of Berlin, but didn't take long to venture into the middle of the city either by U-Bahn, bicycle or even walking!

[​IMG]

We used a bike tour company called Fat Tire, who had a Mancunian man giving the tour! I remember he was quite knowledgeable about most subjects regarding Berlin, Hitler, the buildings, etc..

On the tour we visited many landmarks, such as;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The most daunting part of the holiday was going up the Berlin Tower. The tower stands at 1.198ft!
    We went to the restaurant at the top for my girlfriend's 21st birthday night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The tower spins 360, so you're sat on a moving plate so you see all of Berlin, which was cool.

It was originally built by East Germany to make West Germany jealous when the looked over the wall and saw this huge tower. Also during a time when the crosses were removed from all the churches in Berlin, and when the sun shined on the globe, a huge cross was created, which is how it got nicknamed 'The Pope's Revenge'.

[​IMG]

We visited parts of the Berlin wall, which appears scattered around the city. We saw a few parts of it, one next to a museum dedicated to the Jews who died during the Holocaust.

[​IMG]

I'd recommend Berlin to anyone. I'd rank it higher than Munich, but both really different.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Madahhlia

Madahhlia Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +3,089
      There's enough to do in Berlin and its environs to keep anyone busy for a fortnight. Personally I enjoyed the sausage stands the most.

Not nearly as rude as it sounds:
      http://www.currywurstmuseum.de/en/

• Agree Agree x 1
      • kyleleonard

kyleleonard Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +950
        Yeah, currywurst is great :biggrin: