1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Hosepipe

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by luciusmaximus, Jun 27, 2018.

1. luciusmaximus

luciusmaximus Total Gardener

Lost in the Wilderness
    Ratings:
    +6,899
    I need a new hosepipe. Previous two were made of plastic coils and a fabric covering over the inner tube. Both were cheap makes and didn't last long with the plastic coils breaking on second use. I'm looking for 50 m or longer hose that doesn't kink and will tolerate being dragged around, stepped on, etc, and last more than a few weeks. Can anyone recommend one please?

• Like Like x 1
    • Liz the pot

Liz the pot Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,259
      I use Super Tricoflex and it’s been great. It’s a bit stiff but It’s hard wearing. So far it’s lasted 7 years with me throwing about.

• Like Like x 3
      • luciusmaximus

luciusmaximus Total Gardener

Lost in the Wilderness
        Ratings:
        +6,899
        :ThankYou: :).

• Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Sian in Belgium

Sian in Belgium Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +9,233
          Thank you from me too!

@luciusmaximus and I seem to be on the same wavelength yet again... uncanny! We have an Aldi reel hosepipe (25m, I think, on a standing reel with trolley handle that can lock into the ground...) It has lasted for a good 8-10 years, but just started to split around the nozzle. First we had a high-pressure tiny jet coming out of a blister, which got bigger, and more "leaky" over the past 10 uses. I've cut off the last 4" of hose, and it's fine for now, but I suspect that it's becoming time-expired. We don't use the hose unless we have to (water meter, very expensive, and hosepipes banned most summers, as soon as a drought starts), but ideally we would have a 30 or 40m hose, on a reel... so i was about to ask!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
          • silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
            +8,083
            100% agree Tricoflex is more expensive to buy but will last and last. I got 2 huge roles of it over 25 years ago and it is still going strong. It gets run over by cars on occasions and is left out to use to fill horse's trough in the winter. I have used cheap hose in the past and it would last maybe a couple of years so paying a bit extra is economic. My hose is now pale yellow! but pretty much as good as the day I bought it.