1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Best time/way to divide Heuchera?

Discussion in 'Propagation This Month' started by kyleleonard, Jan 20, 2013.

1. kyleleonard

kyleleonard Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +950
    I want to divide mine, after a year and a half they've grown quite big and I read online you can divide them?

But it doesn't say when?

And how should I go about this?

2. Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
    +12,321
    In the spring , late March dig them up wash all the roots as you can check for vine weevil at the same time and pull apart take of any old leaves and stem , best to put into pots for at least 6 weeks then plant out again in the garden gives them a good start , I have done this with one inch pieces , they will re-root in a week or two , one plant last year (silver Scrolls) ended up with 10 and to think to buy one cost £ 5.00 upwards .

Spruce

• Like Like x 2
    • Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
      +21,780
      Yep, Spring time. I usually fork mine up and rip them apart then just stuff pieces in the ground. Has always worked for me although maybe a little unrefined lol

• Funny Funny x 1
      • Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
        +12,321
        Hey if it works for you thats all that matters, "Stuff" made me laugh and the day I have had in work I needed a that .

Spruce