black bamboo

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by mztrouble, Aug 21, 2008.

1. mztrouble

mztrouble Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi chaps,

Long time no speak - I hope everyone has been enjoying the random days of sunshine and not been getting too much rain. Ive been away for a month, just got back (to a not very happy garden :-( ) and spent today tidying, repairing, sorting and damage limitation - I knew my bloody boyfriend wouldn't follow the instructions (sigh!).

Anyway, In May, I ordered a black bamboo plant from the guardian. It was delayed (was suppposed to arrive in June and arrived today) but it is a teeny tiny baby plant! I'm a bit worried about planting it now as its quite chilly at night and I'm scared about how long it needs to establish itself (its going in a giant pot) has anyone got any suggestions or advice?

Thanks in advance!

MzT xx

2. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Hi MzT, and welcome back.:thumb: I wouldn`t put it into the giant pot just yet.:D Pot it on into a slghtly bigger container than the one it`s already in. Keep potting it on over the coming months and it should be bigg enough to go into the big pot next spring. Also, by doing this, you can bring it indoors when the weather is too bad.

3. mztrouble

mztrouble Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    ok, so pot in in a little one, keep repotting, leave it outside for now?

4. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Yes, just bring it in when the weather is to bad. Pot it on again when you can just see the new roots.

5. mztrouble

mztrouble Gardener

Ratings:
    +0