1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Black fly

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by *dim*, Jun 25, 2012.

1. *dim*

*dim* Head Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,593
    I have 2 musa basjoo and one Ricinus plant in airpots on my bathroom window sill ...

I recently bought these and transplanted them to largish airpots using organic potting soil ... I'm not ready to plant them out yet, as I still have to prepare the beds

yesterday, I noted some (loads) in all 3 pots .... done some googling and read that Provado vine weevil killer is also effective with blackfly

I have 1/2 a bottle, so decided to give it a try, and diuted 30ml to 1 litre of water

3 hrs later, no more black fly (so far) .... still early days but it seems to have sorted it

never knew that Vine weevil killer2 was effective for blackfly and thought one had to use stuff like neem oil etc

2. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,997
    Both Thiaclopride and Propanediol, the active ingredients of Provado have been suggested (on the Internet) as potential carcinogens, unlike neem oil (although there appears to be some debate as to whether smoking neem oil soaked marijuana is more bad for you).

3. *dim*

*dim* Head Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,593
    are you in a bad mood Scrungee?

4. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,997
    Oh dear, here we go again I hope not - I've only just been researching stuff on the internet!

5. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • *dim*

*dim* Head Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,593

Nah .... not in the mood tonight .... it's been a long day

but I've made a mental note of that