1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Blackcurrants

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by greenveg, Mar 14, 2011.

1. greenveg

greenveg Apprentice Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1
    I bought a blackcurrant bush from a garden centre last November. It was in a pot, and before I planted it, I pruned the three branches to about two inches above ground. The three cuttings were about eight inches long, so I cut them in half, and just for curiosity I planted the six cuttings with a bit of bonemeal. The bush I bought is now doing quite well, and I noticed that out of the six cuttings, two had tiny buds showing. These two are now showing foliage. I don't want to disturb them, but does this mean that they have rooted.

2. Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
    +12,320

I would say yes , so leave them alone wait till autumn to move them or next spring

Spruce

3. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner Greenveg.

Looks like you've got more bushes then :thumbsup:

Blackcurrants root very easily, thats a good way of building up your stock.