1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Blind Daffs - what now ?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by HarryS, Mar 28, 2016.

1. HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +16,246
    I have several clumps off Daffs planted in my lawn for over 6 years . They are lovely , I let them die down after flowering and mow them late May . Now one clump has produced all blind heads this year . Do I leave them , hoping they flower next year ? Or should I keep mowing them out when they show?

TIA

2. Anthony Rogers

Anthony Rogers Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Harry,
    Aa they've flowered every year up until now I'd say the problem is that they've become too congested.

They probably need digging up and replanting in smaller clumps and then given a good feed.

The other main reasons for blindness are shallow planting and starvation, but, as yours have flowered before I think we can safely rule those out :)

• Informative Informative x 3