1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Blind man tasered by Police ...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Webmaster, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,931
  2. Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Now there is mistaken identity and mistaken identity....how ridiculous is that:doh:that poor man...good job it wasn't my dad :paladin:....an apology is nowhere near good enough....it beggars belief:mad:

• Like Like x 4
    • Folly Mon

Folly Mon GC Official Counselor

starting new busniss in new year
      Ratings:
      +2,409
      INSTANT DISMAL With total loss of PENSION :dbgrtmb:

And They want us to Back them in this Here Vote!!!

Call them PLEBS!!! I Can Think of Worse Words Then That For Them :mad:

• Like Like x 3
      • Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
        Ratings:
        +31,177
        I am waiting to hear their explaination excuses,
        Jenny

• Like Like x 2
        • clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
          +19,595
          They will say mistakes happen. They'll say that every day they risk their lives in the line of duty so sometimes they don't have time to think because they believe there is an immediate threat, or words to that effect.

And to think, there are some people who believe that our coppers should be routinely armed just as they are in many other countries. Good job they're not, otherwise this innocent chap would be dead now. At least a taser is rarely fatal.

• Like Like x 4
          • Kleftiwallah

Kleftiwallah Gardener

Retired by circumstances.
            Ratings:
            +568
            There is a good word about the police - arrogant.

Cheers, Tony.

• Like Like x 3
            • Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
              +0
              I was one of those people ...after recent events ...to say that the police should be armed....on second thoughts:th scifD36:

• ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
              +100,836
              I do think that the Policeman who thought the White Cane the Guy was carrying was a Japanese Sword is in need of an Eye Test and White Cane himself. This kind of case costs the Police Force a great loss of "face" and confidence by the Public, as well as the compensation the man is going to get for being tasered. :doh:

• Like Like x 3
              • Madahhlia

Madahhlia Total Gardener

Ratings:
                +3,089
                Yeah well, if swathes of cute toddlers had been cut down by a nutter with a Samurai sword in Lancashire we'd have been asking questions as well.

It is hard to see how they could have been so stupid, but then they have to deal with a lot of very odd people. Also, they guy didn't stop when asked (they said) so it was obviously all his fault.

It's damned if you do, damned if you don't where the police are concerned. For those that slag them off, walk a mile in their size 12s. Also, who you gonna call......

• Like Like x 1
                • Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
                  +0
                  Yes i see exactley where you are coming from:dbgrtmb:....but a blind man with awalking stick:huh:....some things are going very wrong....

• ARMANDII

Ratings:
                  +100,836
                  I'm not so sure, Madahhalia, but I do see your point. But it makes me very uneasy to think I could be shot or tasered by a short sighted policeman or one who hasn't actually taken the time to verify that the man wasn't actually carrying a weapon. This is not the first time that a person has been shot dead because he happened to have something in his hand that the Police construed to be a "deadly" weapon. Surely, it is not difficult to discern from taser range that a White Stick carried by a man wearing dark glasses is not a Japanese sword??? What happens if you're walking down a street and hear a shout, even if not blind or deaf, ignore it as you don't realise it's directed at you..............should you be tasered for supposedly posing a threat to a perhaps over eager Policeman. Luckily for this particular Policeman his victim didn't die of a heart attack.....but it could have well been a lot worse.:dunno: Surely not verifying that whatever is being carried by a person, and the Policeman couldn't have done in this case, before shooting or tasering them is not a good or safe policy?

• Like Like x 1
                  • clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
                    +19,595
                    That's more or less what one of the coppers that stormed my house in the early hours of the morning said, after nearly waking our son, and after walking into our bedroom uninvited catching my wife just chucking a dressing gown on, all while he and his colleague repeatedly ignored my requests to know what was going on. After treating us like scum for half an hour before some 'new' information came in on their radios, which then started to unravel their 'good reason' for suspicion (I found out that the force knew hours before arriving that we couldn't be involved nor would we even have any reason to know anything about their case), I got a bit angry and demanded to know why they'd treat us like scum when by their own admission they didn't even have half a recent to suspect us of anything, and in any case they already had information that proved that there was no point disturbing us, the initial answers was threats of arrest for everything from being abusive, until I pointed out that I was sat down in my living room, and it was he that was stood in front of me shouting, to obstructing the police, until I pointed out that I'd answered every question they'd asked and again, I was sat down and he was standing up, the eventual answer was along the lines of 'we have to deal with all sorts of people...'.

That makes it all alright then. The people we pay to keep us safe think it is ok if they 'mostly' get it right, because after all, they have to deal with all sorts of things.

Coppers are going to make mistakes just as everyone else will. The trouble is, in any other career, if we were to make a mistake is serious as tasering a blind man, or pushing over and killing a man with his head down and his hands in his pockets, or pinning down and repeatedly shooting an unarmed man in the head, the very least we'd expect is to lose our jobs. Yet if a copper makes a massive monumental blunder, it gets swept under the carpet with claims that there were lessons learned, and they mostly get it right considering they have to deal with all sorts.

• Robajobs

Robajobs I ♥ Organic manure and fine Iranian lagers

One armed Lion Tamer. I'm still learning the Job.
                    Ratings:
                    +489
                    How do these people get into the police force in the first place? Do they just select the most violent people they can?

• Like Like x 1
                    • Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
                      Ratings:
                      +31,177
                      A policeman's lot
                      Is not a happy one
                      happy one:whistle:

• ARMANDII

Ratings:
                      +100,836
                      You guessed it!!!!! This is not a knocking of Police but my brother lived over in the States for years and had run in's with the Highway Police about speeding and jokingly used to say that to join the Police you had to know somebody who could read and write..........Sorry, Mr Plod, would you please put down that Taser, or is that a gun??:dunno: