Blue Passion Issues

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Achiavetta, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Achiavetta

Achiavetta Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi to Everyone: I have a Blue Passion vine on an arbor. There are multiple issues involved. The leaves have many holes. I see some very small worm like insects. I see some stink bugs. Now for the most unexplainable. There are many blooms that opened on my plant but then there are many blooms that are waiting to open but they fall off from the pod that it is attached to. No explanation. The unopened bloom looks very healthy. Is something eating the stem of the unopened bloom? Should I remove the pod that is left on the vine. I don't know what to do or how to stop this beautiful vine from loosing its blooms. I know there are many issues. Thank you

2. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +52,310
    Welcome Achiavetta. :)

It's very difficult to identify problems without pictures. Is it possible for you to provide them please? Close up shots would be helpful too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Mike Allen

Mike Allen Total Gardener

Retired. Plant Pathologist.
      Ratings:
      +6,097
      Hiya.

First and foremost, get rid of the bugs, give a good spray and also it might be worthwhile to soak the surrounding soil. Wait a while after spraying. I suspect you feed the plant/s. From what you say. I deduce the plant/s have a well balanced NPK feed. This may be a one off thing. Could you perhaps have a closer look at the good flowering stems and compare them to the the problem ones. It is difficult to decide. Please get back to me if need be.

• Achiavetta

Achiavetta Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +1
      I sent over the pictures of my blue passion vine and. I hope they came to the post. I will tell you that I forgot to send a picture of a few reddish looking worms with spike like covering. Please let me know if the pictures came in. Thank you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
      • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
        Ratings:
        +84,337
        @Achiavetta you just add the picture to the post, on here, either via your mobile phone or PC.
        Where did you send the picture to?