1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Bodnant gardens last October ! a bit late.

Discussion in 'Garden Visits' started by nicsdad, Mar 29, 2007.

1. nicsdad

nicsdad Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I like this one [​IMG]

Great views [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Down the dell [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] and no it's not halloween ;)

[ 29. March 2007, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: nicsdad ]

2. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    So that's what you look like!!

I've never been to Bodnant, but my parents loved going there, so I've seen quite a lot of slides they took. Is that the place with the folly, that's just a facade?

There are so many lovely plants with Bodnantense as part of their name - must be a great place to be. I really must go sometime!

3. nicsdad

nicsdad Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    We're lucky it's only 20 mins tops from our front door.
    the third pic down has a white building in it call the pin house that was moved from Birmingham i thick, and is placed at the end of a long lily pond, with a stage at the other end.

I've lost 33lb since that photo, but i'm still a little stunner [​IMG]

4. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    I'm sure you're right..... 33 lbs - wow!!! You should have a chat to BM and compare notes!!

The pin house sounds interesting - like I said, I really must go there some day. I'm thinking of going to the North Wales Bluegrass Festival at Conwy at the beginning of July, so that would be a good time to go!

5. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Lovely pictures, lovely garden. Its gone down on my lengthening list of gardens I wish to visit. Thanks for sharing.

6. DaveP

DaveP Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    How extraordinary! I was reminiscing about trips to Bodnant only Thursday last. I mentioned that my favourite view in any country house garden was probably from the terrace at Bodnant overlooking the half-moon pond out towards Snowdonia. Then I stumble across this and the 2nd pic is that very view! Thanks for posting them, they bring back many very pleasant memories.

I've not been for nearly 30 years - back in the days when Martin Puddle was head gardener and the 3rd Lord Aberconway was still in residence. I used to pop up from the Midlands several times each year and occasionally managed to grab a few minutes with Martin talking plants and the gardens at an enthusiastic pace. There used to be a huge Trachelospermum jasminoides close to the steps down from the terrace and the fragrance on a warm late summer's afternoon was magnificent.

Fabulous gardens set in magnificent countryside - well worth a visit. You need to go in spring for the Rhodos, summer for the borders and wall shrubs and again for the sheer splendour of autumn colour.