1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Bramley Apple Tree

Discussion in 'Trees' started by shimsham, Jul 4, 2010.

1. shimsham

shimsham Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    This is the 3rd season of this apple tree,did not fruit last year but this year it was going to have an abundance of fruit then all of a sudden the leaves started go dry and with the fruit die off,been told it could be numerous problems my local nursery where i had the tree from said it could be a lack of water,but personal opinion is my dog tends to cock his leg up the tree and have a quick wee would his urine be capable of killing the tree off or could it be something other.

Sandra

2. Harmony Arb

Harmony Arb Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Sandra

Got any pics of the tree in question at all? Normally tree decline happens due to a number of factors that overwhelm the tree's system. Urine is high in chemicals that are harmful to plants such as amonia and urea, which in weak quantities can be a beneficial fertiliser, but in concentrated doses can be extremely harmful. Water (rainfall) can dilute the effects of urea in plants.

3. shimsham

shimsham Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    treesurfer.can you send me an email address where i can sed the phtos to as i dont know how to download them onto this forum.

Sandra

4. shimsham

shimsham Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    treesurfer.up to about 10 days ago the tree looked ok then it seemed to wilt then the leaves seemed turn up then dried out,could it be de-hydrated.

Sandra

5. Harmony Arb

Harmony Arb Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Look at me with my name change! :P

Anyway, if you upload a pic or two to a photo site such as Flikr or similar you can link to it here for viewing.

It does sound like dehydration, or something somewhere is interupting water absorption/transport by the tree. If it's not rained in a while I'd suggest giving the tree a good drenching and hope that there's still some life left in the tree.

6. shimsham

shimsham Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    My Digital camera takes to big a photo then we have to resize its a bit of a long job,if i send some to [email protected] will you pick them up.

Sandrab

7. Harmony Arb

Harmony Arb Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
  8. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    It`s a total lack of water.:gnthb: