1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Broad beans, what is it?.

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by Warwick lad, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Warwick lad

Warwick lad Gardener

Semi-retired
    Ratings:
    +104
    Ok, guys & gals,
    IMG_20190808_152602178.jpg

I've read the posts on broad bean problems, and I'm wondering if this is "Rust"? or "Choc spot"?.

This is the 3rd sowing so far, the first 2 sowings were great, but I popped another row in just for the last crop. Everything went well, they came through in a very short time, grew well, I pinched the tops out a week or so.

Now the other day I noticed an odd brown spot on one plant....now less than a week most of the others have the same....so my questions are, is it the above?? & what can be done, if anything, is it down to the time of planting?

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,599
    Its probably rust, they usually get it late in the season, best to just dig them out and stick to the earlier sowings in the future.
    Rust usually rubs off and leaves a stain on your fingers.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Warwick lad

Warwick lad Gardener

Semi-retired
      Ratings:
      +104
      Cheers Pete, a lesson learned.

• Like Like x 1