browser button

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by Sunshine P, May 31, 2007.

1. Sunshine P

Sunshine P Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I know i have been on here a while now but can someone tell me where the browser buttons are havent got a clue [​IMG] :confused: cos you know when you get the FYI thingy up it tells you to use that instead of the back button cos you lose what you wrote, i keep losing everything

PLEASE WERE ARE THEY [​IMG] :D :D

2. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Which browser are you using? IE, Firefox, one provided by your ISP (mine is an AOL version of IE)
    I find if I use the back button sometimes I lose sometimes I don't maybe they mean use the refresh button, not sure but it's definitely a pain in the butt, this is the only forum I use which does it.

3. Diziblonde

Diziblonde Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    The back button is at the top of the screen and is usually an arrow pointing to the left

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    It really annoys me when I do a long post and then lose it all when trying to add reply.Sometimes it comes back and sometimes I lose it.Mr Kandy showed me how to save the text in case it happens but that is a bit of a palarvour having to do it so I just re-do it

5. Sunshine P

Sunshine P Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks but still losing everything when i hit the back button, kandy your right it is so annoying cos you right a load of stuff then you lose it and forget what you wrote the first time well i do :eek: :D

6. Sunshine P

Sunshine P Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Mike sorry i am on aol myself but dont have a browser button just a back button which as me and kandy say lose everything perhaps webmaster can tell us where it is

7. Sunshine P

Sunshine P Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    ooh another thing just happened tried to ask webmaster how to do it and guess what his pm thingy is full webmaster empty your pms so we can pm you more please :eek: :eek: :D :D

8. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +84,359
    If you hit the back button, you go back to the page you were looking at before, you need to hit the forward button after that to return to where you were.
    You can go back as many pages as you like on that window, you only need to then go foward the same amount to come back to where you started.

9. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Patricia, have you tried using the refresh button, the little orange circular arrow thing just to the right of the back button on AO(hel)L, the other thing you could try so as not to lose everything is to highlight what you've written and copy to clipboard (Edit - Copy, or Control C) then if you do lose it paste it back into the reply box (Edit - Paste, or Control V)

10. Sunshine P

Sunshine P Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Pete [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mike ok but as i say nothin in ma noggin :eek: :D [​IMG]

11. pete

Retired
    Ratings:
    +84,359
    I'm not an expert by a long shot, but Mike isn't the refresh button the best way to lose everything?
    Surely if you hit that before the "add reply" button you will lose what you have written.
    But I find you can move around as much as you like before hitting the "add reply" button as long as you only move back and forth.
    Not sure what the FYI thingy is sunshine.

12. Sunshine P

Sunshine P Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Pete the FYI thingy is when to post to soon or someone else is posting at the same time (i think)
    it says you have to wait at least 60 seconds before you post and if you dont it keeps coming up, annoying to say the least. :mad:

And also the refresh button does lose things Mike for me anyway but hey we will get there in the end
    [​IMG] :eek: :D well maybe ;)

13. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    The FYI Sunshine is referring to looks like the site response to too much traffic. Surprisingly the refresh button does seem to work although often somes up with the "page can't be refreshed" message but if you click retry it usually comes up OK.
    As I said above, one way round it is to do a copy to clipboard so you can paste if you lose your typing.

14. Sunshine P

Sunshine P Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    ok Mike wheres me clipboard prey tell :eek: :D didnt even know i had one [​IMG]

oh and Pete got another FYI and tried to take pic of it to show you but couldnt get a clear pic maybe someone else can Mike over to you for the pic ;) :eek: :D

15. pete

Retired
    Ratings:
    +84,359
    Well I dont think I have ever seen this FYI thingy