1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Browser Problems ...

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by ricky101, Nov 26, 2021.

1. ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,201
    Hi,

Used to use Firefox as the main browser but it always had some problem or other so decided to try out some different browsers.

Had Brave running for a few weeks, generally ok, but yesterday when opeing it, instead of going to a full screen it just stays on the taskbar like the pic below.
    nothing I tried from suggestions found on the web seems to work/maximise the problem.

Today tried a different browser, Vivaldi, but after a hour or two use it gave the same problem.

Only deleting the Local Folder containing most of their files seem to restore things, but of course all bookmarks etc are also lost.

Now beginning to think its more a windows system problem, but Firefox still seems to opon up properly.:dunno:

Any ideas ?

000915.jpg

2. HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +16,246
    Used Firefox started having problems.
    My main browser now is Chrome, had a few probs, but now seems pretty solid.
    I use Vivaldi as my back up browser, not really used it that much to comment. After downloading Avast firewall/virus I no have and Avast browser which wants to take over everything.
    I think to sort browser problems out is difficult/impossible, just keep trying different ones until problem goes. Chrome does seem pretty solid though these days :blue thumb:

• Like Like x 2
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +85,632
      I used firefox a long time ago, it was ok but started doing all kinds of stupid things so gave up and started using Chrome.
      To be honest, I dont really see why people bother with all these obscure browsers, I hear all kinds of security problems and strange ideas about the big ones, but cant be bothered with any of it.
      I just use what works.
      And even then, nothing is perfect.
      If chrome gives me problems I'll go back to 15yrs ago and IE.:smile:

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +4,201
        Hi,

Take your points, but seems a bit too coincidental that two different browsers will not open properly in the same few days ?

Hate to use Chrome with all its Google tentacles but need an alterative to Firefox which has some problems, better give Edge a try ??!!

• Like Like x 1
        • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
          Ratings:
          +118,315
          I use Chrome with no problem :fingers crossed:.

I also have Avast (my anti-virus) and occasionally use their browser but make sure it is not set as my primary one. I have no trouble with that either but it sometimes ask whether I want it to be my main one - which I say no to.

• Like Like x 1