Buried my cat in the garden

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by lazy-gardener, May 30, 2006.

1. lazy-gardener

lazy-gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +12
    My cat had a stroke when I got home on Friday. The vet couldnt help so we bought her back and have buried her in the garden :(

I will have to think of a suitable plant to plant in the spot to remind me of her.I moaned like mad about her hairs all the time but I still keep looking out for her every time i pull on the drive! Sorry . Bit off topic.

2. dalbuie

dalbuie Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, its like losing a member of the family in my eyes.when we lost our first cat I planted a lavender in the spot we buried him. When its feeding time I still sometimes put an extra bowl out. :(

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    We lost our 21 1/2 year old cat to a stroke 3 years ago, and my husband and I were crying buckets all the way home from the vets.

We too buried her in the garden, but by the fence so we didn't disturbe her while digging. The funny thing is, that is the place where our elderly dog goes and lays when the weather is hot. All the places to go and lay, and she picks that spot.I wonder if she will lay on my plot when I am gone.

My sympathies are with you at your loss.RIP little cat.

Kandy

4. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    sorry to hear your sad news LG.ive never had cats myself, always dogs.whatever,when you loose them its heartbreaking.my oldest dog(D-for-Dog)is 15.he smells bad and casts everywhere.his back ends going and he gets meaner by the day,does his Elvis impression if hes anywhere near water but i know ill be devasted when he goes.

5. Palustris

Palustris Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,967
    Sorry to hear, it is very hard to lose a friend. Our cats are buried under apple trees, appropiately enough one is called Catshead. They each have their own headstone and that part of the garden is known after them. So we have Poppy's garden and Jip's garden.

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    sorry to hear the sad news of your loss its heartbreaking, A few weeks ago my best friends lost their cat of 11 years i really felt for them they where hearbroken they have her mother and she looked all over the place for her.
    I also have a dog just 9 months old and dread the day of her passing.
    Thinking of you from rosa

7. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +6,924
    So sorry LG to here of your loss.
    Its always sad to lose an old dear friend,be it any pet.
    It reminds of Fluff Duff who died a few years ago,she was always by my side in the garden.....A cat with Attitude............
    She's still there Look.......
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. mayflower

mayflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry for your loss now how you feel at this time it is only 12days since we lost our candie waiting for acall from vet to pick up her ashes.hate going in no dog to greet us.

9. lazy-gardener

lazy-gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks to everyone for their commiserations. I can talk about it now without getting upset but it will take ages to stop looking out for her! At least she was still trying to catch the birds right up until the end( she never got them though -they could hear her coming for miles)

10. Whoops-a-Daisy

Whoops-a-Daisy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello LG I'm sorry too to hear about your loss, we love cats and have 2 and a visitor who lives up the road! We know what it's like to loose a dear pet and the emptyness around the house is awful. I planted a blousy white hydrangea for our last one because she had big white blobs amongst other colours and it always reminds me of her when it's in flower.

11. Poppy33

Poppy33 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to hear of your sad loss, its a comfort to be able to bring her home to your garden, plant something really special.you will never forget this dificult time, but it will get easier as time goes on. thinking of you

Poppy

12. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your cat LG. Being a pet owner can be very painful at times - more than outweighed though by the pleasure.