Buy one get ? Free

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by music, Nov 4, 2010.

1. music

music Memories Are Made Of This.

A Little Bit Of This And A Little Bit Of That.
    Ratings:
    +2,785
    Is This A Sign of the times ?.
    Tesco Announced today on some of their items, Example buy one tin of Soup get TWO free.
    Packets of Cathedral cheese, normally cost @ £3 a packet is now, buy one get TWO free :scratch:. Also today it has been Announced, a letter to the Treasury confirms that cancelling one of the two Aircraft Carriers would have cost more than Building Both Ships :scratch:.
    is this Buy One Get One Free :skp:.

music :cool:.

2. Alice

Alice Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +81
    Tesco also have shower gel - buy 1 get 2 free.
    If they can give 3 for the price of 1 why was 1 that price in the first place :cnfs:
    Same with the aircraft carriers. How can cancelling 1 be more expensive than building 2 :cnfs:

3. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,411
    These offers can be a nightmare for retailers if they aren't controlled.
    We made our usual visit to Wyevale for lunch on Tuesday and whilst there we bought three cyclamen "Three for two." They were also giving 25% off "horticulture." I didn't really look at the receipt at the time as I'd bought a maximum/minimum thermometer as well as the cyclamen. But when I got home I noticed we hadn't been given the "three for two" reduction.

I phoned them up and explained the situation and said I wasn't particularly bothered but they could sort it out when we came next week. After apologising to me I realised the person at the other end of the phone seemed unaware of the significance. So I got them to let me speak to someone in charge, who realised that they had a potential "trading standards situation" as their scanning system was obviously not set up to account for the "three for two" they were offering.

4. Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +21,168
    I've noticed this more in Sainsbury's recently - they must be really screwing the suppliers over. Good for us, bad for suppliers...

With regard to the carriers, after being built (and no, i don't understand the costing either) we're mothballing one immediately with the possibility of selling it to India. My beloved Royal Navy and the Services in general have definitely had their day. Vive la France.

5. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,411
    Err..

Selling it to India?

Will they buy it with the aid money we give them each year?

6. Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +21,168
    Anything's possible!

7. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe some expats could buy it out of the winter fuel allowance.

I was talking to someone recently who was involved with an MOD contract. The MOD questioned some £300 expenses in a multi million £ contract, when the expenses had been justified, the time period had expired & it all had to be re written at a cost of an extra £5,000 :dh:

Couple of weeks ago Tescos had high juice for 99p a bottle or buy 2 for £2.00:doh::cnfs:

8. music

music Memories Are Made Of This.

A Little Bit Of This And A Little Bit Of That.
    Ratings:
    +2,785
    What about Tesco's Baileys fiasco ? they had advertised ,2 bottles of Baileys Irish Cream for £2 :yez:.
    They said sorry to the customers they could not honour the £2 price :( .
    as there was a printing Error in their leaflet :scratch:. the leaflet had Omitted the 5, it should have read £25 :o. the company said it was a printing Error :(

music :cool:.

9. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Well, the ex pats I know don't get winter fuel allowance:scratch: . However they did say they should get it to pay for the Air-conditioning.:lollol:My heart bleeds for them.:hehe: