1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Buying grass seed online - a recommendation

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by Graham B, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Graham B

Graham B Gardener

Ratings:
    +491
    I've just reseeded the front lawn. I did worry that doing this in the middle of summer would be an issue if everything dried out. And then the last couple of weeks happened, and I worried that it was all going to get washed away. :) Anyway...

I particularly wanted a low-maintenance lawn. Packets of grass seed in garden centres used to say how much mowing they'd need - I used that to decide what to buy the last time I reseeded a lawn - but now none of them do. Which is annoying and stupid, because that leaves customers without any way to decide what to buy.

So instead I hit the internet and found these guys. Grass Seed & Lawn Seeds - UK Supplier - GSS DIRECT LTD Seed from them was much cheaper than a box from the garden centre too. And only two weeks after sowing, there's already a nice green fuzz on there, which is faster than I've had grass establish before. Of course I still can't tell how it'll look as a lawn, but that's a good start. So a recommendation there for where to get grass seed if you're re-lawning. 15614178870682.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
      Ratings:
      +14,125
      Good to know @Graham B garden centre seed is always very expensive and as you say a nice green fuzz there... :thumbsup: