1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

cactus

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by pete, May 9, 2005.

1. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,694
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Rebutias always seem to do well, these two haven't been repotted in years, unyet they seem to flower well every year, dont even feed them much.

2. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Along with Lobivias some of the best flowerers

3. pete

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,694
    Yeah I've got a couple of lobivias, tend to flower a bit later, also a few echinocereus which are coming on and a couple of pretty large ferrocactus that flower late august if i'm lucky.

4. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    No Echinocactus grusonii then?

5. pete

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,694
    Nope, most of my plants come from seeds, dont even know what particular spiecies most of them are.
    Bet you've got a grusonii, when they're grown well they look really impressive.

6. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    I did have a big collection but its dwindled now, as plants have died off I haven't replaced them, I preferred the unusual cacti...Lophophora, Ariocarpus, Strombocactus, Leuchtenbergia, Pelecyphora

It got to the point where they either survived the winter in an unheated greenhouse or popped their clogs...hence not many left now [​IMG]

7. pete

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,694
    You were pretty well into cacti by the sounds of it Steve, me I've just scratched the surface really. I cant seem to specialize in anything particular, always moving on to something else.
    Wish I had more space and time then I could grow everything that I want.
    The cacti that I have now are also the remnants of something that was much more interesting at one time. Even tried hybridising a few, with limited sucsess some years ago.