cactusdolly66 Intro

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by cactusdolly66, Sep 15, 2021.

1. cactusdolly66

cactusdolly66 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Hello! I've only ever managed existing gardens in the past, never really been particularly bothered. BUT this last 18 months I've had a bamboo invasion cleared and wanted to create an appealing space for me. Luckily I was introduced to a gardener with room to fit in working on my little plot, and spent many interesting and informative hours researching and planning. I am definitely a novice, even at 77, and can only guess at the results of this summer's gradual filling of the borders with plants large and small. However, I have definitely enjoyed it all, and look forward to tending my new babies. I have just had my first major loss - my 6ft purple cotinus has succumbed to verticillium wilt, leaving a hole! Some rethinking needed, I suspect. (Question elsewhere.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Michael Hewett

Michael Hewett Total Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +17,637
      Good evening @cactusdolly66 welcome to Gardeners Corner :smile: I hope you find something to fill the gap left by your Cotinus.

• JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +45,635
    • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Living in hope of world wide peace.
      Ratings:
      +54,365
    • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +52,311
      Welcome to Gardeners Corner @cactusdolly66. I'm the wrong side of retirement age too and took on a rural garden a few years back that nature was reclaiming. It's hard work but so satisfying. Enjoy your garden! :)