1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

camera required

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Lady Gardener, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Lady Gardener

Lady Gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    i want a camera to photo my little pony and some ebay goods for sale, can anyone sell me one or recommend one please, i need to know how to upload and stuff!

2. frogesque

frogesque Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    If you just want to phot some goods for sale then you can use a cheap disposable 'one use' camera and the film developed onto a CD.

There's loads of digi cameras under �£100 that would be adequate for most happy snaps and record keeping for you gardening jobs. Look for something with about 6 Mpix and a 3 or more times optical zoom (forget digital zoom - it's a con - you can always enlarge it on your pc). Choose something with a good feel and that will suit your bag or car glove box

If you can stretch to �£150 then your choices really open out.

As always, I reckon there will be some good sales bargains so be prepared to haggle for lower price or free extra memory, batteries and charger etc.

Sorry I can't be specific - what's available depends on the shops you have access to or whether you trust someone in a private or evilbay sale for a good used camera. If you can try one out first then that takes most of the risk out of it.

3. Lady Gardener

Lady Gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    thank you frogesque, i'll go for cheap and cheefull... when you say disposable and get prints on to a CD does this mean i canstill use my original film type camera?

4. frogesque

frogesque Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Yep, if you have a film camera most photographic shops will put them on a CD for you as well as doing the prints. Our local guy in ASDA is quite reasonable and it saves you having to scan them to your PC. Once you have your CD disc you can then upload the pics you want to ImageShack or PhotoBucket etc.

5. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    This may complicate your considerations. :rolleyes: But -

You can buy a new 5 megapixel camera with 3 x optical zoom for about �£69.(Fuji Finepix A500 in Jessops, and there are probably a lot more in the same price/specifiction bracket from other sources). Once you've got a digi cam you'll not need to spend money on film, trips to the shops for developing etc or for scanning onto CD. You can also review the photos as soon as you've taken them and erase any duff ones and retake the shots.
    Uploading onto your PC from the camera is easy as is getting them onto Ebay.

6. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +213
  7. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    9 megapixels!! Good grief - and I thought my measley 3.2mp was pretty good. That was about 5 years ago, mind!!