1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Campanula portenschlagiana

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by Colo, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Colo

Colo Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Hi,

I purchased three bright blue Campanula portenschlagiana in full bloom. I have seen them all around my area climbing up hedges and walls.

All my Google searches suggest these bloom in the summer. I'm trying to establish how long they flower for.

The assistant at the Garden Centre said a few weeks of blooms left but all my searches suggest otherwise.

Can anyone help advise on these please.

2. Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
    +17,487
    Hiya Colo, I grow a form of it...Birch Hybrid...and it flowers for a very long time. Spreads easily and quite fast and, yes, it flowers in summer.
    I would cut off all the blooms now though and let it grow and produce flowers later. It should then flower again before mid summer:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Colo

Colo Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +14
      Thanks so much, that's really helpful. It's such a vibrant shade of blue, it's gorgeous. So Im pleased to hear it will last a while.