1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Can anyone tell me what this plant is please?

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by Lily1968, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Lily1968

Lily1968 Gardener

I stay at home these days since giving up work. I
    Ratings:
    +41
    Hello :)

We have recently moved to a new house and have inherited some plants/bushes that the previous owners left. I have no idea what some are or if I need to re-pot them/bring them inside for winter etc. I'm hoping someone on here can help :D Also it seems to have been eaten by something. We have lots of snails in the garden which I'm assuming is doing the munching.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Aesculus

Aesculus Bureaucrat 34 (Admin)

Cashier
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    Looks like a weeping ornamental cherry I think:what: also I think it could do with some much needed TLC with regards to removing that bit of dead wood and also a good re-potting or even sticking in the ground:dbgrtmb: It should be fine outside although that does depend how cold it gets...

Where's the RSPCP when you need them? (The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Plants):heehee:

• Like Like x 2
    • Lily1968

Lily1968 Gardener

I stay at home these days since giving up work. I
      Ratings:
      +41
      Thanks for that. Do I just cut off the dead looking branches with secateurs? Unfortunately our full garden is paved, so I'll need to get a larger planter. Lots of the plants left were almost buried in the trees and we found them when we cut them back :phew: