Canon printer cartridge PG-512

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by clanless, Jun 29, 2018.

1. clanless

clanless Total Gardener

Gentleman of leisure.
    Ratings:
    +7,618
    I've just purchased a Jet Tec remanufactured cartridge for £8 - it works fine.

I took out the old cartridge for a look inside - the top just popped off to reveal a sponge. I dug out some black fountain pen ink - soaked the sponge and put the top back on.

Out of curiosity, I put the old cartridge back into the printer and printed out a page of text. To my surprise it produced a print out as good as the remanufactured cartridge.

I only wanted to print out one letter and an envelope - and would have been quite happy with the Quink powered cartridge.

Now I know what to do - I'll save a few quid when the remanufactured cartridge runs out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Hi @clanless at one time me and my hubby had identical scanners/ printer and he used to make his own ink up and it works out cheaper but I purchased a brother after and :fingers crossed: it's been a good one mate :)

• Like Like x 1