1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Chelsea

Discussion in 'Events' started by Fran, May 21, 2007.

1. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
  2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,904
    Thank you for that Fran as we keep losing our signal here but have certainly enjoyed the last two days ... never watched it before ... another GC thing, me thinks! :rolleyes:

3. Sunshine P

Sunshine P Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Did anyone see the show today i see that woman who designed the garden from mars won a prize cant remember what it was for cos just caught the tail end of the news but it look quite good though

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi SunshineP.Chelsea is on tonight on BBC2 at 8.00pm,so you will be able to watch the results.They said on there last night that the Mars Garden is low maintenence,but with those Cactus they will need protecting through the Winter.I bet it got a Gold Medal.

I hope Chris Beardshaw does well,but I think the Fortum and Mason Garden will get Best in Show,but that is just my opinion [​IMG]

5. Sunshine P

Sunshine P Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    It got first prize for something but dont know what for as i said before.

I have noticed on the program that the gardens we think will win dont get a look in and the ones I think look like nothing out of the ordinary win, makes one wonder who the judges are, but thats just my opinion also kandy :eek: :D

6. Sunshine P

Sunshine P Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Kandy did you see she won gold for her garden been watching a bit while on here also

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Sunshine,I amtrying to watch it an type at the same time.They are showing how these big nurseries churn out millions of plants every year.I wouldn't want the worry of Chelsea.

I missed some of it as I went up to have a quick shower.Becasue I am taping them I can watch it tomorrow.

I think Chris BeardShaw is gorgeous.He is so tiny in real life and softly spoken [​IMG]

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Wow Orlando Bloom also Gorgeous [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

9. Diziblonde

Diziblonde Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG] Tut Kandy, you are supposed to watch for the plants :D

10. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +6,953
    [​IMG] I just love Chelsea,have been a few times,but not this year,it's great on TV too,you get a different perspective,all of the show gardens look much bigger on TV.......as Alan Titchmarsh said pure gardening theatre..... the gardening olympics.Yes they do throw loads of money at it,yes there are some wild ideas,how the hell do they make a garden look as though it's been there forever?????but it shows what CAN be done,and we can take away new ideas.....roll on to-morrow night another two hours.

11. tig

tig Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    flying over tomorrow to go to the show for the first time, cant wait. not looking forward to the long queues etc, but have resigned to the fact that its part n parcel.looking forward to chris beardshaws garden too.wonder how the weathers going to behave for the next few days?

12. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    Hi Tig,
    I hope you will enjoy your trip to London and to the Chelsea Flower Show.
    The weather forecast are good for a few days to come, so all looks well for you...
    Have a nice journey!

13. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    Lucky you Tig. Hope you had a great time
    and look forward to seeing some pics!!

:D

14. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    Excuse me butting in but I see that you have put your darling little gr-gr-granddaughter up again as your avatar jjordie. She really is sweet and was the gr-gr-grand bit correct???

15. Stingo

Stingo Gardener

Ratings:
    +21
    Do you know that garden gnomes are banned from Chelsea because they in bad taste...?