1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cherry Blossom tree issue

Discussion in 'Trees' started by Max6389, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Max6389

Max6389 Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Hello, recently moved house and have a nice garden and now on a steep learning curve to keep it that way! My initial issue is a lovely cherry blossom tree in middle of lawn. It is just starting to blossom but noticed some smaller branches Have no blossom so probably dead? In particular one larger branch has some blossom on one of the small branches but the others nothing. I cut part of the smaller branch off and the wood was very soft, cutting further up still soft. Could it be diseased? I could cut the whole branch off near trunk to see if this is soft but this would drastically change shape of tree.

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +86,031
    Without I picture I doubt you will get a positive answer.:smile:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Max6389

Max6389 Gardener

Ratings:
      +14
      Hear are some pictures, tried a close up as well
      55DEC6D4-7AA9-4675-BC31-F398E861F834.jpeg 67B9BBEF-2967-4141-931A-54A562D16F35.jpeg 2F05015F-294A-4524-8681-0E2CC732C890.jpeg

• pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +86,031
      I'm trying to work out where the close ups are on the picture of the tree?