1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

chrysanthemum plants stripped

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by thriftybri, Jun 19, 2020.

1. thriftybri

thriftybri Gardener

Ratings:
    +209
    looked this morning my blanchet chrysanths that I planted out of the 6 three have been stripped of there leaves these are the multi flowering bush type from T@M please see encloses pics is it slugs? R0016791.JPG R0016791.JPG R0016792.JPG

2. NigelJ

NigelJ Total Gardener

Mad Scientist
    Ratings:
    +21,249
    Slugs or snails are the most likely candidate I think, obviously the Chrysanthemums are tastier than the slug pellets.

3. thriftybri

thriftybri Gardener

Ratings:
    +209
    just put the slug pellets down nigel ,but there was 6 plants they only stripped 3 thanks for your reply mate

4. Islander77

Islander77 Keen Gardener

Various , allegedly retired
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    One of my precious tree lupin seedlings was reduced to a bare stalk. I had not renewed the slug pellets… I did so and the following morning there were several dead black slugs.. Never seen that kind before.

• Like Like x 1